My favorite summer porch décor ideas!
Let’s use this summer to bring bright colors and lots of fun to our front porch!
1. Add a summer doormat to your front porch!
One of the best ways to decorate your porch area quickly and easily is by adding a doormat. Not only is a welcome mat a cute addition to the front porch, this will also help reduce the amount of dirt that might get tracked into your home. Choose a summer doormat that fits your style and personality, the perfect way to greet your guests!
Our patriotic summer doormats are a great way to celebrate the summer holidays like 4th of July and Memorial Day.
2. Decorate your front door for summer!I love changing out my decor each season and look for a seasonal wreath with colors that coordinate with the rest of my décor. Other simple updates to your door can include a door knocker, new door hardware, vinyl decal or new house letters placed on the door. Adding a wreath or garland can also add to your decor and door at the same time!
3. Include plants and greenery on your front porch!
Even without a green thumb, you can have gorgeous plants on your porch all summer. Faux plants like mums and bold topiaries fare best in the summer and can be easily found at your local craft store. You can even find faux hanging plants! If you are looking for real plants, succulents and Petunias like full sun and Begonias and ferns like shade. Live plants can be found at your local hardware store or nursery. These can be planted in coordinating planters that accentuate your color theme.
4. Consider your front porch decor palette!
Your summer porch decor does not have to be classic or traditional this year! If you are looking for a change, try a different color combination like black, white, and cream. Decor items in these colors are easy to find and also transition to other seasons easily!
White, creams, gray, and blue are all colors typically associated with summer beach homes. Neutral colors are gorgeous all year round, which is why they’re one of the biggest design trends for this year!
5. Make your front porch comfortable!
Adding a mix of decorative pillows to your existing porch furniture is another effortless way to update your entryway this summer. If your porch is covered, adding other cozy accents like throw blankets can really help to create an inviting (and comfy) porch. If you have a small front porch, try adding a stool! If your front porch is large enough for a bench or Adirondack chairs, it would be a great place to add a coordinating pillow!